Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Poem: For Megan

The following is an imagining of mine based upon my dear friend, Marie, and her daughter, Megan. Those of you on Twitter will recognize Marie as @spreadingjoy.

Megan has been an amazing warrior as she battles a very difficult to classify illness. Her family ceaselessly carries on searching for answers and treatment.

This is my imagining of Marie's prayer to her daughter. Love and Blessings to Megan and her family. May they find answers and know healing.


For Megan
------------

My sweet girl.
There are no songs I can sing
to comfort you on this night,
to quiet the storm within you,
to still the fear.
This battle is yours.
But I am at your side --
my love, my time, my heart
given up gladly in this fight.
I shall keep such a vision
of grace surrounding you
that the very angels will weep
at its beauty.
I’ll take care of you.
I’ll hold you
when the tears come.
I’ll make you laugh again
when your heart wants to break.
I’ll give you comfort
through this pain.
You have
all the love in my heart,
all the strength in my body,
all the faith in my spirit,
till my last breath.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm deeply touched and honored at your gift to me. You have inspired me, motivated me, helped me to laugh when I wanted to cry.

    You are such a blessing to me during this journey with Megan. I could never tell you how much I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is Megan.
    im typing this w/ my toes...
    its pretty difficult.

    well, i just wanted to say thank you very, very much. that made my day.
    thiis hurts my calves.
    so im stopping now.

    thanks again.
    (^that was with my hands ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your poems. Come by sometime for a break. http://www.teatimeconsultants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Team Time Consultants for the compliment! I am very glad you enjoyed them. :-)

    ReplyDelete